Some like it hot. Some like it cold. Some like it in a pot nine days old. When it comes to tea, none of these options are for me. I like mine warm yet drinkable. This perfect temperature lasts for a fleeting moment. Letting it cool often leads to a palatable, yet very cold beverage. The next best option is—ugh—flavorless ice cubes. I could concoct some delicious tea-flavored ice cube and keep them on hand, but that sounds like a lot of work.
So here’s my secret. Strawberries. Yes it’s that simple. Just one or two frozen strawberries will cool down your favorite fruity tea without watering it down; just adding flavor. Linden tea would work well with this flavor; or—ooh!—a peach tea. Here is my recipe for a delightfully warm bedtime drink.
- 1 cup boiling water
- 10 chamomile flowers (or one chamomile tea bag)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-2 frozen strawberries
- Pour water over flowers or tea bag.
- Let steep 3-5 minutes and remove tea.
- Add strawberries and honey and stir.
- Sit in your favorite chair and sip while thinking dreamy thoughts.