Ever since I discovered how to make quinoa the right way, I make it regularly. Sometimes I eat it plain, other times I turn it into some amazingly fabulous dish that can’t seem to get into my belly fast enough. Like these crispy quinoa patties. Talk about taking a bite of heaven.
Before I knew how to make quinoa properly, all the quinoa patties I made tasted bitter and not so tasty. It was really disappointing and I couldn’t figure out what I was doing wrong. After that problem was solved, all I had to do was make the patties again. And it was a success!
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve craved one of these quinoa patties, because they are so stinkin’ delicious. With a crispy, golden exterior and dill Greek yogurt dip spread over the top, this recipe has always been a family favorite. They disappear in minutes!
If you’ve got a big family like I do, you may want to double (or even triple) the recipe because everyone’s going to want more than one. And if you don’t at least double it, you have an angry mob on your hands.
Seriously. Ask me how I know.
I love how easy this recipe is. Cook up a little bit of quinoa, add in some veggies,eggs, and seasonings, shape, and cook in a frying pan. It’s so easy a 10 year old could do it all by their self.
Serving the patties on a bed of lettuce is completely optional. These crispy quinoa patties can be served in a whole wheat pita pocket or hamburger bun. Or you can do what I do which is just pop it in my mouth. Well, with dill Greek yogurt dip slathered all over the top.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1½ cups broth
- 1 cups quinoa, rinsed well
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 4-5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- ¼ cup diced onion
- ¼ cup diced green and red bell peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon dried parsley
- 1 cup organic Greek yogurt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, chopped
- ½ teaspoon lemon zest
- ½ teaspoon salt (can be omitted if low-sodium)
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Combine broth and quinoa in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, reduce heat to medium, and simmer for 12 minutes. Let stand, removed from heat, for 5 minutes to cool.
- Saute onion, peppers, and garlic in 2 tablespoons olive oil until softened and lightly browned. Add to quinoa, along with salt, pepper, parsley, and eggs. Stir to combine.
- Form mixture into patties using an ice-cream scoop and then flattening each scoop with wet hands. Pan-fry patties in remaining olive oil until browned. Place on a plate with a paper towel on it. Serve immediately.
- In a small bowl, mix yogurt with garlic, fresh dill, lemon peel, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Serve with quinoa patties.