Dinner can be prepared in a matter of minutes with these incredibly delicious and simple baked chicken chimichangas. Made with just 7 ingredients, they’re sure to become a family favorite.
Sometimes it seems impossible to get dinner on the table in a timely manner.
Most days, I’m bustling around (did I just say bustling?), trying to get a million and one things done in the day. Which I am clearly not capable of. And dinner ends up late—as usual.
These ridiculously easy baked chicken chimichangas are the answer to all your problems. They’re perfect for those days when you don’t have time to prepare some crazy gourmet dish that takes over an hour to make. Or days when you feel like pulling your hair out because you’re up to your ears in things you have to get done.
You don’t have to be an expert chef to make an amazing meal. You CAN make a delicious dinner in less than 30 minutes! And these chicken chimichangas are proof of that.
These baked chicken chimichangas are savory, spicy, cheesy, meaty, and all around delicious. There’s only 7 ingredients—shredded chicken, salsa, Colby Jack cheese, cumin, oregano, green onions, and tortillas. It couldn’t get much simpler! (Unless of course, you just wanted to omit the cumin and oregano to save even more time.) I used homemade gluten free tortillas to make mine, but you can use regular tortillas if you’d like.
Another reason these things are awesome…they freeze amazingly well! Just wrap ‘em in foil and freeze them. Then, pull them out whenever you want a super fast dinner. Check out the recipe for more details.
Whether you’re in search of a really easy dinner or you just want to eat something that tastes heavenly, you are going to LOVE these easy baked chicken chimichangas.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup salsa, preferably fresh
- ¾ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 1 cup shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 6 large flour tortillas
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with foil or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine the shredded chicken, salsa, cumin, oregano, cheese, and green onions and stir.
- Scoop ⅓ cup filling onto a flour tortilla and fold like a burrito. Repeat with remaining flour tortillas. Place filled chimichangas onto prepared baking sheet.
- Bake chimichangas for 15 minutes, or until they are crispy and browned.
- Wrap chimichangas in foil and freeze.
- To reheat, preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Let chimichangas thaw for 10 minutes. Place on baking sheet lined with foil and bake for 20-25 minutes, or until chimichangas are heated through.