This salmon noodle romanoff is such a simple dish and only takes a little over 30 minutes to prepare! It’s packed with wonderful, savory flavors—everyone will be coming back for seconds.
So it was my night to cook dinner last night.
And this happened.
When my mom showed me a recipe and told me to start making it, I honestly had no idea what it was (there was no picture), or what it was suppose to look/taste like.
I was also really worried I would mess it up. Because apparently my grandmother used to make this for my mom. Let’s just say I was worried outta my mind the whole time that I was going to totally botch this recipe.
Then something miraculous happened. I started to put the ingredients together in a bowl and the smells of salmon, cottage cheese, and Worcestershire sauce melded together into something amazing. And I suddenly realized—Wait a minute, I’ve eaten this stuff before!
Turns out my mom made this same exact dish a little over a year ago for us. And I HATED it! Apparently, I refused to eat it because she left the salmon bones in the casserole (which is actually super healthy for you). Those were the days when I wouldn’t go anywhere near a chia seed, drink water kefir, or eat fish bones.
But, as funny as it is, when I made the Salmon Noodle Romanoff, I LOVED it! What a coinky-dink! And I ate it—salmon bones and all!
You guys are seriously going to love this dish. It definitely deserves the “Easiest Dinner Ever” award!
Here’s the recipe:
- 8 oz. uncooked egg noodles
- 1½ cups large curd cottage cheese
- 1½ cup sour cream
- ½ medium onion, finely diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 (16 oz.) can salmon, drained and chopped(try to get wild caught)
- ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.
- Cook the noodles as directed on the package instructions (they need to be al dente). Drain excess water.
- In a large bowl, mix together cooked noodles, cottage cheese, sour cream, onion, minced garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, and salmon. Stir until completely combined.
- Pour the mixture into a 8x8 baking pan and use a spatula to spread and flatten the mixture. Sprinkle the cheddar cheese on top and place the pan in the oven. Bake for 20-25 minutes.