A low-calorie dip that’s way healthier than the storebought kind. This Greek yogurt ranch dip will knock your socks off with it’s incredible flavor and ease of making.
Who doesn’t love a little drizzle of ranch dressing on their salad?
Oh, yeah. I don’t.
I have to be honest. There is something about dressing on salad that just gives me the willies. BUT I do love dipping sliced vegetables like carrots and celery into ranch dip.
After switching to real food two years ago, all the processed and bad-for-you salad dressing had to go. Not to mention no more of those freakin’ seasoning packets that are loaded with chemicals and artificial ingredients.
But you know what that meant for me? Two years of no ranch dipped carrots. I think that’s why I’ve been so down lately (probably not).
This Greek yogurt ranch dip is SUPER easy to make. Blend up the herbs, spices, and salt. Pour the powdery goodness over some Greek yogurt. Give it a ‘lil stir. And BAM! You’ve got yourself some freaking amazing ranch dip!
Told ya it was easy.
Commencing carrot dipping.
I swear, you guys, this dip? 100% healthy, free of bad-for-you ingredients, and totally delicious. You’ve gotta give it a try. Seriously.
So why Greek yogurt? Well, other than having more than half the fat as sour cream, it has 5 times the protein! And don’t even get me started about mayo. Using Greek yogurt in this recipe seriously cuts down that calorie number, so you can feel good about eating a boatload of it. <– but not recommended
How can you use this dip you ask? Well, I for one LOVE spreading it on quinoa burgers, or any kind of burger for that matter. It makes a good sub for tzatziki in a pinch. And if you’re a champion dipper (like me), carrots, celery, and pita chips are all great choices.
So, whether you’re just looking to save a buck or two on salad dressing, just really wanna get your carrot-dipping on, or have a bunch of hungry kids on your hand—I’m telling ya, this recipe is a keeper.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups plain Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried dill, divided
- 2 teaspoons dried chives, divided
- 1 tablespoon dry buttermilk
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ¾ teaspoon sea salt
- In a small/mini blender, blend together 1 teaspoon dried parsley, 1 teaspoon dried dill, 1 teaspoon dried chives, the dry buttermilk, garlic powder, onion powder, black pepper, and sea salt.
- Place the Greek yogurt in a small bowl. Pour the blended mix on top and stir well to combine.
- Pour the dip into a serving bowl to serve or into a jar to store in the fridge.