These mint chocolate almond energy bites are a great way to refuel after a long day at work or an intense workout. Bursting with mint chocolate flavor and naturally sweetened, you’re sure to love this raw, indulgent treat!
Can I be honest?
I used to think that energy bites took FOREVER to make. But once I got finished making the first batch, I was wowed at how quickly I was able to put it all together.
Of course, if you don’t have a food processor, it might take a couple of hours to get these mint chocolate almond energy bites juuuuuust right.
Anywho, if you like the mint + chocolate combo and if you like for your taste buds to headbang when something heavenly is placed on them, you need these energy bites. Period. End of story.
Oh! By the way, it’s VERY smart to check the package in which your dates came from to see if they’re already pitted.
And if they’re not already pitted, you should probably do that, because when you hear something along the lines of a SPOON clanging around in your food processor, and you can’t find it cause it’s BROWN, you kinda just have to roll with it and hope that date pit tastes okay.
I was originally thinking about adding sunflower seeds (unsalted, of course) to the mix because they’re so high in Vitamin E, but then I remembered that almonds are also very high in Vitamin E, so I just went with the cashews.
If you’re not one for rolling things out with your hands, I’m sorry. Because you’re gonna have to do a lot of that with these energy bites. #sorrynotsorry
A couple of weeks ago, I got an email from the lovely people behind Karmalize.me asking me to review some of their products and maybe incorporate them into my recipe.
Well, after reading more into their company, I found some numbers that shocked me—these amazing people donate 50% of their profits to charities of the customers choice. I also love that they only use premium ingredients. Talk about some of the best almonds I’ve ever tasted.
Coating these energy bites with unsweetened cocoa powder is optional, but it does help to balance out the sweetness from the dates, coconut sugar, and maple syrup.
You guys are going to go bonkers over these delicious, indulgent mint chocolate almond energy bites. Made with only 7 simple ingredients, this recipe is going to become a staple in my house, and hopefully in yours too.
Here’s the recipe:
- 8-10 dates, pitted
- ½ cup raw cashews
- ⅔ cup raw almonds
- ¼ cup cocoa powder, plus more for rolling
- 2 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 4 teaspoons coconut palm sugar
- ¼ teaspoon peppermint extract
- Place the dates in a small bowl of hot tap water for 5-10 minutes, or until soft.
- In the bowl of a food processor, combine the cashews and almonds and pulse until they look like coarse crumbs. Add in the cocoa powder, maple syrup, coconut palm sugar, dates, and peppermint extract, and pulse until a "dough" comes together.If the dough is too dry or won't hold together add in the additional dates and/or more maple syrup.
- Scoop the dough and roll it into a 1-1/2 inch ball with your hands. If rolling the energy bites in cocoa powder, sprinkle a scant tablespoon of cocoa powder onto a plate and roll it around until covered.
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
You guys should seriously check out Karmalize.me! They’ve got great prices on healthy ingredients and 50% of the profits from your order go to the charity of your choice.