This beautiful, colorful, fruity triple berry coconut acai bowl is the perfect way to start your day! It’s vegan, healthy, and it has freeze-dried acai powder in it, a superfood loaded with antioxidants and essential amino acids.
Working out is tough.
I’ve been trying to get more fit lately and having a post-workout is crucial for me. I hop in the shower, get dressed for the day, and then make a refreshing smoothie, or in this case, an acai bowl.
Not only is it incredibly easy to make, but it’s also SO delicious. There’s nothing like cooling down and refueling after a long workout with a fruity, berry-licious bowl of heaven. And you’ve got endless topping possibilities—chia seeds, berries, pineapple, coconut shreds, bananas, kiwi—I could list ‘em all day.
You start by tossing your frozen ingredients into a blender with some almond milk. You can use any kind of frozen berry you’d like, but I like frozen blueberries, strawberries, and raspberries.
I also add in a frozen banana or two to make the mixture smooth and creamy. Without it, the mixture is pretty watery because there isn’t a lot of creamy going on.
I love using Califia Farms Pure Almond Milk. It’s a great dairy free alternative to regular cow’s milk and it has 50% more calcium too!
The amount you add to the frozen ingredients in the blender can vary, so just start with 3/4 cup of almond milk and add more if the mixture is still too thick.
Here’s the real star of the show—acai powder. I had only recently heard of acai powder, but the health benefits are incredible! Acai berries are packed with nutrients like antioxidants, monosaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids. They also contain of micronutrients like resveratro, polyphenols, and flavanoids.
In other words, this stuff is REALLY HEALTHY FOR YOU. So add it to your smoothies, your yogurt, and of course your acai bowls.
When I say you need this triple berry coconut acai bowl, I mean it. It’s like banana ice cream mixed with the best berry smoothie you could ever imagine. This is the definition of “healthy meets indulgent.”
I could go on and on about my undying love for this vibrant acai bowl, OR I could just inform you that you, kind of, really need this triple berry coconut acai bowl.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 frozen banana, peeled and quartered
- 2 cups frozen berries
- ¾ - 1½ cups plain almond milk
- 2 teaspoons freeze-dried acai powder
- fresh fruit and coconut flakes, for topping
- Combine the banana pieces and frozen berries into a blender and blend on high speed for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in ¾ cup of almond milk and blend for an additional 2 minutes. Add more almond milk if the mixture is too thick.
- Add in the acai powder and blend for another minute to combine. Pour the mixture into a bowl and top with fresh berries, banana and kiwi slices, and coconut flakes. You can also drizzle honey over the top if you'd like.