This easy recipe for gluten free chocolate chip muffins using Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour takes only 30 minutes to make—start to finish.
My morning routine goes a little something like this: Wake up, get dressed, head outside, garden while it’s only 70 degrees, go inside, make breakfast, eat, clean up after breakfast. While we’re out there weeding the garden, pruning the tomatoes, and picking berries, our stomachs are empty and in dire need of food. Sure a berry or two slips in here and there, but for the most part we yearn for breakfast.
It makes me wonder how some people can just skip breakfast. Yesterday, I really wanted to use the Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour I received from the kind people of Bob’s Red Mill to make breakfast with so I whipped up a basic muffin batter, added some chocolate chips, and made the BEST gluten free chocolate chip muffins ever.
You can thank me later.
I was surprised at how well the Bob’s Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour did at replicating the results of a wheat flour muffin. The muffin was still tender, moist and downright delicious. Plus, it also rose in the same manner as a wheat flour muffin.
I will definitely be using this in the future if I ever need to make a recipe gluten free in a flash. I love that there’s no need to add xanthan gum because it’s already in it!
So, you wanna know how easy these babies are to make? Well, you’re in luck because this post has been updated with a short, visual tutorial!
Start by mixing together the batter. Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl, the wet ingredients in a large bowl, and combine the two.
You don’t really have to worry about overmixing the batter but to keep these on the tender side, I still like to mix the batter until it’s just combined.
Add in those glorious chocolate chips and fold them in. I’ve found that 1/2 cup of chocolate chips works best, but you can increase or decrease the amount if you’d like!
Enter the muffins baker’s best friend: an ice cream scoop. You can evenly disperse the batter and there’s no need to dirty your hands or any more spoons. This recipe makes exactly 12 large muffins.
Then just place the pan in the oven and bake them for 15-20 minutes.
Mmmmm. These gluten free chocolate chip muffins are addictive. Not to mention stunning. And tasty. Everyone will be begging for more, I’m not even joking. It’s such a simple recipe, yet these muffins turn out like the kind straight out of a bakery.
These gluten free chocolate chips are even better than the whole wheat chocolate chip muffins I made for my sister’s birthday a few months ago, which was a bit of a surprise to me because those muffins were to die for.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 cups Bob's Red Mill Gluten Free 1-to-1 Baking Flour
- ¾ cup organic pure cane sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- ⅓ cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 400° F. Grease or line a muffin pan. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt. Whisk to combine.
- In a large bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil, and vanilla extract. Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and stir until combined. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared muffin tin and fill each muffin cup ⅔ of the way.
- Place the pan in the oven and bake for 15-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of a muffin comes out clean (if there's chocolate on the toothpick that's okay).
- Place the muffins on a cooling rack to cool for 5 minutes before serving.
DON’T MISS A RECIPE! SIGN UP TO HAVE NEW POSTS DELIVERED STRAIGHT TO YOUR INBOX!
I just made these and they turned out AMAZING. I made some adjustments (coconut oil & almond milk) but they still came out perfect. Thank you for the great recipe!