There’s nothing better than biting into a delicious, healthy muffin that tastes like fall. Nothing better. The sweetness of the carrot put together with the bold spices of autumn are something that will satisfy any sweet tooth, health nut, or hungry teen.
I think fall is my favorite season. The cool breeze that blows by, tossing around orange, red, and yellow leaves, creating a scene that is, in a way, magical. Almost every recipe including carrot, sweet potato, pumpkin, or apple. The pears on the pear tree clunking their way down to the ground without any beckoning, other than the duties given to it by mother nature. The sweet spices such as nutmeg, cloves, allspice, ginger, and cinnamon give taste buds something to look forward to. Not to mention the blissful carrot muffins you can enjoy all season long.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1¾ cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- ½ cup sugar
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¾ cup plain yogurt
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 2 cups shredded carrot, about 5 medium carrots
- Preheat oven to 375. Grease a muffin tin or line with silicon or paper liners and set aside. Combine the flour, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl and stir; set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together yogurt, butter, and egg. Make a well in the center of the dry ingredients and add yogurt/sour cream mixture. Stir until just combined. Fold in shredded carrots.
- Scoop batter evenly into the prepared muffin cups. Bake for 20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center of one comes out clean. Serve warm.
Crystal W says
These were so delicious that I had to put half of them in the freezer so I wouldn’t keep snacking!