I finally was able to get my hands on a copy of the Sally’s Baking Addiction Cookbook last week and I am absolutely drooling over every single recipe. Sally is such a talented woman and her recipe developing skills amaze me. So when her cookbook came out the other day, I knew there were going to be tons of recipes that I was going to want to try and I was 100% correct. There’s a whole section in the cookbook with healthier choices, which is where this recipe comes from.
This Mocha Banana Milkshake is so easy to make. One tip I have for making it is to plan ahead. For the recipe, you need frozen bananas, but frozen bananas are really hard to peel. So what you have to do is peel your bananas, cut them into chunks, place in a bag, and freeze. It’s not that much planning ahead, but you definitely want to cut and peel them before you freeze them to make your life a whole lot easier.
This milkshake is made with only 5 ingredients—a couple of frozen bananas, a little bit of cocoa, instant coffee, vanilla extract, and milk. I like to use homemade coconut milk to make mine, but you could use regular milk if you’re not sensitive to it. Also, I used Mountain Hagen Organic Freeze Dried Instant Coffee and I feel like I upped the quality of the recipe by using it.
Here’s the recipe:
- 3 frozen bananas, peeled and sliced into chunks
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup milk, plus extra (I used coconut milk)
- 2 teaspoons organic instant coffee
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Place all of the ingredients into a blender, in the order listed, and blend on high until combined (about 1 minute).
- Scrape down the sides of the blender as needed. Add more milk to thin, if desired. Enjoy immediately.