We’ve been so busy lately visiting our relatives and doing family activities, and I find myself having a hard time getting dinner on the table in a timely manner. So I needed a dinner that I could make and get on the table in less than twenty minutes. And I’m probably not the only one in this boat…summer can get super busy, so a simple dinner that you can get table in less than twenty minutes is an absolute must! That’s why when I saw a recipe for sesame noodles yesterday, I knew it was at least worth a try.
These simple Asian sesame noodles take only 15 minutes to make, and that includes the noodles cook time! One of the things I love about this recipe is that you can easily add in any vegetables or meat you want. That means anything from shrimp, to carrot, to beef, and even eggs.
You can use gluten-free noodles or whole wheat noodles if you would like, but I like to use Whole Foods Brand organic unbleached linguine noodles. And they don’t even have to be linguine noodles—you can use any pasta variety!
This recipe is made from four basic components: pasta, a ginger sesame sauce, peas, and green onions. I didn’t have green onion yesterday, but when I made the same recipe last week, I made it with the green onions and it was fabulous!
Another thing I love about these Asian sesame noodles is that they can be served warm or cold. Now, there are some leftovers that just do not taste good cold (at all), but these sesame noodles taste just as good if not better chilled!
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 pound (16 oz.) linguine or spaghetti noodles
- ¼ cup organic soy sauce
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger (or ½ tsp. ground ginger)
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- ½ teaspoon hot chili oil
- 3 green onions, sliced thinly
- 8 oz. organic peas
- Cook pasta according to package instructions.
- In a separate mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients, except the peas and green onion.
- Use a whisk to combine.
- Drain the pasta when ready. Then immediately toss with the dressing, peas, and green onions until the pasta is evenly coated.
- Serve immediately, topped with toasted sesame seeds if desired.
Leave a Reply