Take your breakfast up a notch with this insanely easy cinnamon raisin peanut butter granola cereal! It takes only 5 minutes to prepare and is so much healthier than granola cereal from the store.
There’s nothing quite like breakfast you can serve in less than 15 seconds.
That’s the beauty of cereal. It’s such an amazing time-saver and is super cost-efficient, but of course there are the downsides to it as well. Chemically-laden, highly-processed, covered in sugar…you couldn’t pay me to eat that. Would you eat it? Would you feed it to your kids?
Luckily, there is a simple alternative that is SOOOO much healthier for you and your family in the long run. Enter: homemade granola.
Made with simple and healthy ingredients like oats, maple syrup, and coconut oil, this cinnamon raisin peanut butter granola cereal is EXACTLY what you need for stress-free mornings.
Honestly, this granola recipe couldn’t be easier. It’s as simple as mixing ingredients, spreading on a baking sheet, baking, and cooling. Easy, right?
For this recipe, I used Peanut Butter and Co. Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter and it totally made this granola taste 10 times better than if I had just used regular peanut butter.
Also, you can use either old-fashioned oats or quick-cooking oats. I used quick-cooking oats for the granola batch you see above because I was fresh out of the old-fashioned kind (curse you granola bars), but they work perfectly fine.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2½ cups old-fashioned oats (where to buy)
- ¾ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- ⅓ cup organic maple syrup
- ¼ cup organic coconut oil (where to buy)
- ¼ cup cinnamon raisin swirl peanut butter (or regular peanut butter)
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ - ½ cup organic raisins (depending on how much you'd like)
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a medium bowl, combine oats, cinnamon, and salt. Mix well.
- In a small bowl, mix together maple syrup, coconut oil, cinnamon raisin peanut butter, and vanilla extract. Whisk thoroughly.
- Pour wet mixture into oat mixture. Stir until combined, about 1 minute. Pour granola onto prepared baking sheet and spread evenly. Place pan in oven and bake for 45 minutes, stirring and rotating the pan every 15 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Cool and store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks. Serve with cold milk or sprinkle on yogurt.
Make my Vanilla Almond Granola Cereal next!
See all breakfast recipes.