Sweet white chocolate chips and tangy dried cranberries make every bite of this White Chocolate Cranberry Pecan Granola Cereal an explosion of flavor.
I remember the first time I had a white chocolate chip cranberry cookie.
At first, I thought I wouldn’t like the flavor combo, but after one bite I was in love. I found myself craving them all the time. But of course, it would be irresponsible (not to mention pretty fattening) to eat cookies whenever a craving strikes.
So naturally, I decided to figure out a way I could satisfy my cravings in a way that was healthy. ← this granola
All you need to make this granola is old fashioned oats, pecans, white chocolate chips, dried cranberries, coconut oil, vanilla extract, and honey (or maple syrup).
I used halved pecans but you could use chopped pecans if you prefer.
The white chocolate chips and dried cranberries are listed at the bottom of the ingredients list because you MUST add them AFTER the granola has baked and cooled.
If you add them before they bake or even before the granola has had time to cool the white chocolate chips will melt all over the place. And we don’t want that.
Since you don’t really have to prepare any ingredients for this recipe, putting it all together is a breeze. In five minutes you could have a tray of heavenly granola baking in the oven!
This has already become one of my favorite granola recipes!
I always make sure I have granola on hand because it’s such a simple breakfast or snack and it stays fresh for up to 2 weeks.
Here’s the recipe:
- 2½ cups old fashioned oats
- ¾ cup pecans, halved or chopped
- ¼ cup coconut oil, melted
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ½ cup pure maple syrup or honey
- ¾ cup white chocolate chips
- ¾ cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 300° F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats and pecans. Stir to combine.
- In a small bowl, combine the coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla extract and stir.
- Pour the mixture over the dry ingredients and stir to combine.
- Pour the granola onto the prepared baking sheet and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 45 minutes, stirring after 20 minutes to keep the granola from clumping too much. Take out of the oven and let cool. The cold air will help the granola to crisp up and become crunchy.
- Once completely cooled, sprinkle the white chocolate chips and dried cranberries over the granola and gently toss to combine.
- Place the granola in an airtight jar and store for 2 weeks.
Click here to see more irresistible granola recipes »
Ella Maclin says
This is the best food that we can take for breakfast and even also good for our health. Thanks for sharing this detailed post with very eye-catchy images.