This vegan chocolate avocado pudding is not only SUPER easy to make, but tastes so delicious no one would ever guess it’s made with avocados!
You may or may not be able to get your kids to eat avocado. But odds are, you can get them to eat chocolate pudding. Growing up, chocolate pudding was one of my favorite things to eat. But obviously, pudding cups or mixes you get from the store can contain bad-for-you ingredients like modified food starch and all kinds of hydrogenated oils.
However this vegan chocolate avocado pudding is made with only 5 ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen!
Chocolate avocado pudding is very easy to make and only takes 30 minutes to chill.
I know that’s longer than it would take to peel the lid off of a cup of pudding or even to throw together pudding mix and milk, but this recipe is so much healthier for you than either of those options.
The key to making this pudding creamy and smooth is blending the mixture thoroughly and using ripe avocados. If your avocados are too firm, it’ll be harder to get that iconic smooth pudding consistency.
Trust me, no one likes lumpy pudding, regardless of whether or not it’s made from avocados.
I know you guys are gonna go crazy for this vegan chocolate avocado pudding. It’s such a simple recipe and it’s a delicious way to get reap the health benefits of avocados!
If you make this pudding or any of my recipes, post them on Instagram with the hashtag #naturalchow! I love seeing what you guys make!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 large avocados, peeled and pitted
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup pure cane sugar
- ⅓ cup coconut or almond milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Dice the avocado and combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Blend until pudding mixture is completely smooth and creamy.
- Pour pudding mixture into a serving bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until chilled. Serve or store for up to 3 days.
Leave a Reply