We have been so busy lately between working on the garden, visiting family, and doing activities as a family, such as going to the park, watching movies, cleaning off the back porch, etc. But no matter how busy our lives get, we must stay focused on what is important: maintaining a healthy diet. No matter how late you get home from the beach or the lake, don’t grab the phone and order pizza or Chinese takeout. Get in the kitchen and start cooking. And when dinner is as easy as this recipe—a savory and delightful gluten free Italian pasta salad—you’ll realize that just because it’s 6:30 and you haven’t started dinner yet doesn’t mean that you can’t get a delicious dinner on the table by 7:00.
I really like pasta. In fact, I’m probably slightly addicted. I’ve only had gluten free pasta a few times, but I only just recently found a brand that I like. A lot of the gluten free noodles I’ve tried haven’t held their structure, tasted a little off, or hardly resembled a noodle. I like Ronzoni’s the best, but I’m still looking for an organic brand to use instead.
You guys are going to love this easy gluten free Italian pasta salad. I didn’t used to like Italian pasta dishes, but after making this, I get the feeling that this is the beginning of a beautiful relationship.
Below the recipe I’ve included a link to the recipe I use for Italian seasoning. It’s very easy to make and uses spices that you probably already have. If you Italian dressing in your house, simply use that in this recipe.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 (16 oz.) box gluten free rotini noodles
- ¼ cup Italian dressing, preferably homemade
- 15 slices pepperoni, cut into quarters
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- ½ cup sliced black olives
- ¼ cup sliced green olives
- Cook noodles according to the instructions on the box.
- Drain noodles and rinse with cold water. Pour noodles into a medium bowl. Add in the pepperoni slices, bell pepper, black olives, and green olives. Toss.
- Drizzle the Italian dressing over the pasta. Add more as desired. Stir and serve.
Here’s the Italian dressing recipe I use.
You NEED this Italian pasta salad. Now.