This 10-Minute Veggie Fried Rice is incredibly easy to make and is bursting with loads of Asian flavors. So delicious, easy, and even gluten-free with a vegan option!
I don’t know about you, but I don’t exactly enjoy spending 2 hours of my day on a meal that will be devoured in less than 5 minutes.
I tend to lean more towards fast meals. Because after a long day (and when I say long, I mean looooong), I just don’t have it in me to make some crazy extravagant fancy meal. This veggie fried rice is like fast food in the world of real food. You know, the world where we don’t eat foods laden with sugar, dyed bright orange, or clog our arteries with shortening.
There’s just something about a delicious Asian-inspired dish that only takes 10 minutes to prepare that gives me the tingles.
For this recipe, we’re going to use brown rice that’s already been cooked. This saves A LOT of time because brown rice can take 45-50 minutes to cook. I like to make a big batch of brown rice at the beginning of the week so that it’s prepped and ready to go whenever I need it. Genius, I know.
And don’t worry, I’ll be sharing how I cook brown rice perfectly VERY soon.
I also like to use frozen peas and corn (organic, of course) because the convenience is pretty hard to beat.
I had to do a little bit of experimentation with the amount of sesame oil and rice vinegar that is used in the recipe. The first time I made it, there was way too much of that vinegar-y taste from the rice vinegar and not enough of the nutty taste from the sesame oil. Something had to be done. So I decreased the rice vinegar (like, a lot) and increased the amount of sesame oil. The result was magical.
You are going to fall head over heels for this simple and delicious veggie fried rice. Who wouldn’t love a meal prepared in 10 minutes?
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons organic sesame oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, finely minced
- 4 eggs, optional
- 4 cups brown rice (cooked and cooled)
- 1 cup frozen peas
- ½ cup frozen corn
- ½ teaspoon rice vinegar
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce (or tamari)
- fresh chives, chopped
- In a wok or large frying pan, heat the sesame oil over medium heat. Toss in the minced garlic and ginger and saute for 1-2 minutes. If using, crack the eggs into the pan and stir until just cooked.
- Pour the brown rice into the pan and stir to combine. Pan fry the rice for about 4 minutes, or until it's heated through, stirring occasionally to keep it from burning. Add in the frozen vegetables and stir to combine. Pour in the rice vinegar and soy sauce and stir the whole thing together. Continue to cook for another 2 minutes to allow all of the flavors to meld together.
- Remove from heat, sprinkle in the chives, and serve.