These Peaches and Cream Pastries are a beautiful treat with the perfect balance of tart and sweet flavor.
I feel like I’ve become increasingly lazy lately. Maybe it’s just because it’s the summer and anything that requires my attention for more than 30 minutes is way to much to ask of someone still trying to catch up on Orange is the New Black.
At least I have my priorities straight.
No but really, if I’m in a hurry to get breakfast on the table or whip up some snacks for my little sister and her friends, odds are I’m not going to spend hours in the kitchen making something extravagant. That’s why these Peaches and Cream Pastries are so perfect! They TASTE like I was slaving away in the kitchen for hours but in all honesty it took me maybe 10 minutes to put it all together and pop it in the oven.
Not only do these pastries taste like a dream, they’re SOOO pretty. I mean, just look at them.
Flaky layers of puff pastry underneath gooey cream cheese and juicy peach slices, topped with a light sprinkling of powdered sugar?
To die for.
Another way you could go about preparing these would be to dice or chop the peaches and just sprinkle them on top of the cream cheese, rather than trying to get thin, uniform slices.
It might make things a little easier for you if you’re a little rusty with your knife skills.
I know you guys are going to love these gorgeous Peaches and Cream Pastries. They’re so easy and fun to make, not to mention they’re a total crowd pleaser. Even my pickiest eaters couldn’t resist sneaking a second and third from the tray.
Here’s the recipe:
- 1 roll Puff Pastry
- 2 medium peaches
- 1 cup cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup powdered sugar, plus more for sifting over top
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cover a baking sheet with parchment paper
- Unroll puff pastry on baking sheet and cut into nine equal squares with a knife or pizza cutter.
- Cut your peaches into thin slices and set aside.
- Mix cream cheese and ½ cup powdered sugar in a small bowl.
- Place a dollop of the cream cheese mixture in the center of each square and spread leaving a one-centimeter edge on each square.
- place two to three slices of peach in the center of each square depending on how thick you sliced them.
- Mix one egg with the tablespoon of water and then brush on the edges of each square.
- Bake in the over for 12-15 mins until edges are golden brown.
- Let cool for a few minutes and sift powder sugar over the tops and serve when cool.