These Strawberries and Cream Pastries are sure to be a new family favorite! Made with 5 simple ingredients, it couldn’t be easier to put together these gorgeous pastries.
The first time I made these Strawberries and cream Pastries was when I made Sunday morning brunch before having a family day at the lake and I went all out—breakfast casserole, sausage, eggs, biscuits, and the best gravy you will ever taste. Needless to say, everyone pretty much inhaled everything! Toward the end of the meal, the kids started looking at me, expecting something sweet since I had only prepared savory items. I swear these kids are bottomless pits so of course, I said, “yeah, no problem.”
But to be honest I had no idea what I was about to make! I only had 30 minutes to whip something up before we were headed out to the lake, so I knew I probably wouldn’t be able to swing muffins or anything like that so I whipped out a recipe my mother showed me how to make as a kid.
I knew the process from prepping the ingredients, to these gorgeous strawberries and cream pastries being in your tummy would only take 20 minutes. So I grabbed the puff pastry and other ingredients, followed the super simple recipe, and within minutes the kids had gobbled them down. We left the house with plenty of time to spare!
These easy strawberry pastries are buttery, creamy, and sweet with just the right amount of tang from the strawberries to cut the sweetness. It’s a great recipe for anyone because it’s sweet enough for someone with a sweet tooth to enjoy, but not too sweet for someone that doesn’t tend to enjoy sweet foods early in the morning. The texture definitely gives the impression that you spent a lot more time on it than you did. That’s why I love puff pastry! I alway keep some in the freezer because it’s just so versatile.
Let’s make some Strawberries and Cream Pastries:
Unroll your puff pastry onto parchment paper and then cut into nine equal squares.
Separate the squares and then prick the center of the square about ten times. Make sure you leave a centimeter around the edge intact.
Mix the cream cheese and 1/4 cup of powdered sugar. Spread the mixture over the middle leaving one centimeter around the edges.
Cut your strawberries into hearts. Here’s a super helpful tutorial on how to do it. Place two strawberries slices in the center of the square.
Mix the egg with one tablespoon of water.
Brush the edges with your egg wash. This will help with browning process.
Place in a 400° F oven for 13 to 15 minutes.
Sprinkle with powder sugar or drizzle with honey. Cool and serve. ( If they even get a chance to cool before they are gone )
Here’s the recipe!
- 1 sheet Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon water
- ½ cup confectioners sugar, divided
- ½ brick cream cheese
- 9 medium strawberries
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cover cookie sheet with parchment paper or Silpat.
- Unroll thawed Pepperidge Farm Puff Pastry onto parchment paper.
- Cut into nine equal squares.
- Prick the square with a fork a few times leaving a centimeter around the edge intact.
- Mix the cream cheese with ¼ cup of the powder sugar.
- Spread one tablespoon of the mixture onto the middle of each square leaving a centimeter edge.
- Cut strawberries into desired shape and place in the center of each square.
- Mix the egg and water then give the brush the edge of each square.
- Cook in the oven for 13-15 minutes.
- Cook and then sift remaining powder sugar over each square.