I don’t drink tea all that often, except my favorite ginger-turmeric tea, but a friend shared with me a delicious-sounding recipe yesterday and I was determined to try it. After all, it looked amazing and seemed like it would be pretty simple to make, and it was. This iced min-raspberry tea is a burst of summer flavor and includes a touch of my favorite super-food chia seeds. Wanna know why chia seeds are so wonderful? They contain loads of omega-3s, protein, antioxidants, and fiber. So 1/2 teaspoon chia seeds can add so much nutritional value to this easy and inexpensive iced tea.
This inexpensive-to-make iced mint-raspberry tea with chia seeds is just that. Ice, mint, raspberries, tea, and chia seeds. Oh, and water! It is so fantastically refreshing and easy to make. It literally took me seven minutes, start to finish, but I think I could have done it in five.
This recipe does not have any sugar or sweetener in it. If you’re okay with having an unsweetened tea, than this is the recipe for you. If you don’t fancy tea that hasn’t been sweetened, simply add your sweetener of choice to taste.
You wanna know what the secret ingredient is in this recipe? Numi Organic Moroccan Mint Tea. It really is the star of the show. I buy mine here, but I’ve seen it in Whole Foods and EarthFare before.
You are really going to love this simple, delicious, and refreshing summer iced tea.
Here’s the recipe:
- ½ teaspoon organic chia seeds (I buy mine here)
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 bag Numi Organic Moroccan Mint tea
- 1 cup boiling water
- 4 organic raspberries, rinsed
- Ice Cubes
- Mint Leaves, for garnish
- Add chia seeds to 2 tablespoons of room temperature water. Stir to combine, and set aside for 5 minutes, until the mixture thickens
- Meanwhile, bring 1 cup of water to boil. Steep tea bag in hot water for 5 minutes.
- Discard tea bag and pour tea into a tall glass. Add chia seed mixture and stir to combine.
- Top with ice, garnish with fresh mint and raspberry and serve.
I love green teas. This looks super refreshing!
Deborah Smikle-Davis says
Hi Margaret Anne,
Your iced mint-raspberry tea is a with chia seeds is just the combination of cool liquid refreshment and nutrition that I need on a hot summer day. Thank you so much for sharing this healthy and delicious with us recipe at the Plant-Based Potluck Party Blog Hop! We will enjoy it this summer!