This lighter version of shrimp scampi only takes 15 minutes to make and is packed with garlicky lemon flavor. Serve over noodles or enjoy it by itself!
If your days are anywhere near as busy as mine, you understand the importance (and the necessity) of quick, easy meals. You don’t have time to cook and prepare an extravagant dish that takes 1 1/2 hours to make, especially when you know it’ll be devoured in less than 10 minutes.
This mouthwatering shrimp scampi is super easy to make, is 15-minutes start-to-finish, and tastes like HEAVEN! I am not exaggerating when I say, you need this shrimp scampi.
When I was little, I always hated fish and the thought of seafood was nauseating. One time, my mom took us to Captain D’s and I refused to eat anything but the fries. To say the least, I was one stubborn picky eater.
Now, I cannot get enough shrimp, salmon, crab, or lobster. Next to chocolate, shrimp is probably my favorite food (but I don’t think I’ll ever combine the two).
Believe me when I say that this is one of the easiest dishes you will ever make in your life! The process is simple: saute the garlic with the butter and then add the shrimp. Add the rest of the seasonings and cook for a few minutes. And DONE!
You don’t have to be an expert chef to make a heavenly dish that’s packed with flavor. And this 15-minute shrimp scampi is proof of that. You can serve it by itself or over pasta of your choice. And then you can eat it all in 8 seconds or you can savor it for about 8-10 minutes.
Gah, you guys are going to love this shrimp scampi. Don’t be surprised when people start asking for seconds (or thirds!). The irresistible lemony garlic flavor tied with the dazzling shrimp creates a flavor combo that’s too heavenly to pass up!
Here’s the recipe:
- 2 tablespoons salted butter
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1 pound raw medium shrimp, thawed and rinsed
- ¾ teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2½ tablespoons white cooking wine
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 large sprigs fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 (16 oz.) box linguine noodles
- grated Parmesan cheese, for topping (optional)
- If using, start cooking the linguine noodles.
- In a large frying pan over medium heat, melt the butter. Add in the minced garlic and cook until garlic is soft and lightly golden brown.
- Toss in the shrimp, crushes red peppers, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook until shrimp is no longer translucent and pink in color, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add in the white cooking wine, lemon juice, and chopped parsley and cook for another 1-2 minutes to let the flavors meld together.
- If using, drain the pasta and serve with the shrimp scampi. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and more fresh chopped parsley if desired.
This is exactly what I need! I love shrimp and never get enough of it! Yep, life is busy and I need really fast recipes, like everyday. Pinned and saved
Lisa @ Healthy Nibbles & Bits says
Oh man, this shrimp scampi does look amazing! Perfect for weeknights!
Oh , I am so glad that I found this! I was getting ready to look for a light easy version, and here it is! Making this on Saturday night, and it looks great! PINNED! Stopping by from create it Thursday!
This looks so delicious! It’s the perfect recipe for those nights when I forget to thaw something for dinner. Thank you so much for linking it up at the “This Is How We Roll Thursday” link party!
This looks amazing! Great job on the photography – it jumps off the page and makes me want to make it now! Stopping by from Friday Flash Blog and pinning to Pinterest!
Cynthia L says
What a great recipe! I love anything with shrimp!